Thursday, June 19, 2008

A weekend in Samal




Well it seems that I'm just taking a huge vacation here but I can assure you that I'm studying all day! :D
And very very slowly, my Bisaya is getting better. Pieter and I went to Samal island (just 10 min boat ride from Davao) and explored some if its sights. Practicing Bisaya outside is a very good exercise because in school we mainly train our grammar but rarely a usual conversation. With this in mind we just spoke Bisaya with everyone, maybe not perfect but comprehensive. 
The first sight was a waterfall: Hagimit falls. 








This cute little mosque looked quite big on the map but if your not standing right in front of it you wouldn't even notice.. 

Close to the mosque we found a bat cave that inhabited around 2 million fruit bats! First time I see such animals and so many of them! But they really had a weird smell. 

No comments: