Monday, June 30, 2008

Graduasyon sa eskwelahan


Two months have already past since I arrived in Davao! Last friday we were 11 students finishing a Cebuano course and we had a big celebration. After the mass everybody held a speech in Cebuano and introduced all his guests (we had around 30 visitors). Before lunch Joan and Bill, the head of the school, handed out the certificates. The teachers were very thoughtful in giving everyone a certain characteristic. My "sertipiko" says "maikagon" which means "interested". 
After lunch the program went on with traditional dances of the Peruvians 
as well as Filipino dances and songs from our teachers. Of course our celebration lasted until the end of the night. 
But when I opened the fridge the next day I found a big surprise cake (Ube Macapuno) from Richard! 

Although I was a little bit frustrated sometimes because the classes were going way too slow, at the end, I've learned a lot during these 8 weeks and the school helped me to get some important basics of Cebuano. From there I keep on practicing and expanding my language skills...  

No comments: