Monday, June 9, 2008

Maragusan


Last weekend Uncle Richard and I went to Maragusan, a town north of Davao in Compostella Valley. It took us about 4 hours bus ride to get there and for the last 2 hours the street was very dusty and rocky. We drove up and down the hills, everything was green, sometimes some lonesome cottages along the road. The ride alone already offered a breathtaking landscape plus the driver made some breathtaking turns too. 
I just thought for myself "If my filipino friends will ever visit me in Germany they will just laugh at me when I tell them that the "Saarschleife" is a main tourist attraction in my province." Maragusan is surrounded by hills, nature and
 plantages. Therefore you can find many springs, waterfalls and the biggest flower Rafflesia there. 
After our arrival we went first to cold springs...








...and later on to hot springs where we went swimming. 

1 comment:

Jonas said...

hey

very inspiring...
i wish i could go there someday...
really nice place...